Product development services
By partnering with the Conestoga Food Research & Innovation Lab you have access to our culinary and food science experts as well as physical, chemical and microbiological testing services to assist in developing your product.
Examples of how we’ve helped our industry partners:
- Formula development
- Scale-up from bench top testing to pilot scale
- Technical support of restaurant meal kit development for retail market
- Shelf-life extension (formula and process modification)
- Packaging testing, validation and recommendations
- Package prototyping available for corrugate
Process development services
Whether you are moving from producing in your kitchen to a co-packer, or looking to automate to a high-speed line, by engaging with our team of multi-disciplinary faculty and researchers we can support your next step of growth.
- Recommend automation for current manual processes while keeping food safety and product quality top of mind (in partnership with the SMART Centre)
- Process analysis, sustainability, data analytics and visualization
- Troubleshoot production challenges at your facility with our industry-experienced staff